MECHANISM of ACTION :
MEthoxsalen belongs to a group of psoralens. The exact mechanism of action of methoxsalen with the epidermal melanoxytes and keratinocytes is not known. Methoxsalen acts as a photosensitizer. Topical application of this drug and subsequent exposure to UVA, whether artificial or sunlight, can cause cell injury.
Soralen solution acts as a topical repigmenting agent in vitiligo in conjuction with controlled doses of ultraviolet A (320-400 nm) or sunlight.
- Patients exhibiting idiosyncratic reactions to psoralen compounds or a history sensitivity reactions to them.
- Patients exhibiting melanoa or with a history of melanoma.
- Patients exhibiting invasive skin carcinoma generally.
- Patients with photosensitivity disease such as porphyria, acute lupus erythematosus, xeroderma pigmentosum, etc.
- Children under 12 since clinical studies to determine the efficacy and safety of treatment in this age group have not been done.
Store below 25 derajat C
Box, amber glass bottle @15ml
PT. SURYA DERMATO MEDICA LABORATORIES
ON PRESCRIPTION ONLY